Every young person deserves warmth, support and opportunities. And, every interaction with a child is like gold…a precious opportunity to build a relationship and nurture resilience. To help you foster healthy development in the young people in your life, check out these tips, trainings and videos:
- Resiliency 101 is a series of three 90 minute sessions that gives participants a better understanding of the importance of resiliency. Trained facilitators lead this series for groups of no more than 30 at various locations around Evansville. To find out where/when one is scheduled or to request this training for your group, submit an inquiry here.
- Reaching Teens is a curriculum specifically designed for youth-serving professionals who want to develop trauma-informed, resiliency-building skills. For more information on this deeper dive into resiliency, submit an inquiry here.
- Dr. Ken Ginsburg is Resilient Evansville’s consultant and the author of the book Building Resilience in Children and Teens.
- Parent & Teen website parentandteen.com offers bite-sized tips for parents and other caregivers. You can subscribe to the site’s weekly email called “Parenting in 100 Words.” There is also a section for teens which includes how to talk with parents and managing stress.
- The Value of High Expectations for Teens: Dr. Aletha Akers talks about how important it is to hold teens to high expectations.
- The 7C’s of Resilience Video: Dr. Ken Ginsburg defines Resilience and the seven traits teens need to be successful adults.
- Being a Good Role Model on Your Best AND Worst Days: Dr. Aletha Akers illustrates the importance of good role modeling for youth.
- What is Unconditional Love? Dr. Ken Ginsburg explains what unconditional love really is and how it looks.